[governance] CS speakers for IGF opening and closing sessions

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue Nov 18 03:39:47 EST 2008

Hello,

the good news is that civil society has speaking positions to fill for
Hyderabad, two for the opening session, one for the closing session. The
bad news is that we have only one week to send a list of names to the
secretariat.

The secretariat would welcome a list with more than three names to have
some flexibility for regional balancing.
Considering the context, we need accomplished speakers with standing in
civil society.
Gender balance is taken seriously, names of female speakers are
particularly welcome!

I have been told that the two speakers from the private sector are both
from India. So, we may propose additional speakers from India but in
terms of regional balance, suggestions for speakers from Africa and
Latin America may be more successful.

Everyone is encouraged to distribute this call for speakers. And, of
course, everyone is free to send suggestions for speakers to the
secretariat directly. However, for practical reasons I would suggest
that the IGC mailing list assumes a coordinating role and aims to put
together a list of names that enjoys support from its members and other
groups.

The secretariat wishes to hear from us until Nov. 26. Can we manage this?

Jeanette
     governance at lists.cpsr.org