ITU and ICANN - a loveless forced marriage Re: [governance]

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 13:19:14 EST 2008

Hello Jenette Hofmann,

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:

> Ian Peter wrote:
>
>> The telling statement from ITU being "I am personally of the opinion that
>> the IGF is continuously going round in circles and avoiding issues – it is
>> becoming more and more a waste of time."
>>

> This is a surprisingly rude remark for a diplomat. As if not all UN
> organizations shared (and suffered from) the problem of "going round in
> circles" and wasting time. Probably this has to be read in the context of
> the IGF's upcoming evaluation?
> jeanette

Even if undiplomatic or somewhat offensive, it is time that the responsible
participants of the IGF throughly reviewed how the IGF is "going round and
round" .  The focus needs to be on finding ways of making the IGF meaningful
and result oriented, rather than on the propriety of this comment.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy