[governance] Simple and basic questions

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:06:34 EDT 2008

Hullo Adam,

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:
>> Dear NomCom members, (and willie, milton, et. al.)
>>
>> IF we let this draconian decision by the 2008 NomCom stand,
>

> The nomcom's decision was in line with discussion on the list before the
> nomcom began it's work.

It was out of line actually, in that the discussion on the list didn't
give the nomcom carte blanche to ignore or abrogate the charter!

>It reflects the majority of comments (and I say
> that as someone who was in the minority at the time...)

"However, their representation should not be at the expense of civil
society participation" DOES NOT mean "go ahead and ignore the charter.

> Move on.

So, you get your questions answered, but I don't get mine answered?
Which non-profit orgs in Japan are now excluded from CS nominatiorn?
I really want to know, and if they are paying attention, I expect they
want to know as well.

--
Cheers,

McTim