[governance] Fall ICANN meeting in Cairo - Rights discussion

Jacqueline A. Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Mon May 26 12:25:48 EDT 2008

this issue has been discussed for ages, is still being discussed and
there are many people on either side. Both have loads of documents to
back up their arguments. I'm not particularly interested in going back
over this again. GAC has an opinion, gNSO has opinions on both sides,
ALAC has opinions on both sides

The point of my email was that I thought that Robert's email
misrepresented what was said by some of the people who were not in
agreement with his position. I wanted to make it clear that they were
not unconcerned about the issue, but rather thought it shoud be taken up
at another forum. It's not nice to say that people aren't concerned
about repression, torture and censorship when they never indicated any
lack of concern about the issue.

Jacqueline

     governance at lists.cpsr.org