[governance] Nomcom and conflict of interest

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sun May 25 11:05:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

On 25 May 2008, at 09:49, Raul Echeberria wrote:

>> Maybe we don't even need a MAG, we just need more open consultations,
>> and some volunteers to help the Secretariat with the execution of
>> goals
>> and plans.
>
> Maybe it is not a crazy idea.

I thought it was the UNSG who needed the MAG.

And please believe me the reports from every consultation and MAG
meeting and all the recommendations do go back the UNSG's office, for
approval and other decisions.   I don't know who in the UNSG's office
does what, but it certainly is the UNSG, as an office, that makes all
the final decisions with the IGF secretariat waiting on those
decisions before proceeding.

a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org