[governance] Re: Nomcom and conflict of interest

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Fri May 23 21:55:23 EDT 2008

Jeremy Malcolm [24/05/08 08:16 +0800]:
> interest of nominees employed by existing internet governance
> institutions just reflects our broader disagreement over whether those
> institutions form part of civil society or not.  On that point, my view

Jeremy, unless you / this caucus can set yourselves up as representing all
of CS, that decision is, with respect, not yours to make.

> So in answer to your original question I disagree that it should be an
> automatic disqualifier but I do see it as a relevant consideration.

If you base the decision on a person rather than an organization, as you
seem to imply, then that would be fairer.

However, this classification based on organization introduces an
unacceptable amount of bias into the process. Besides alienating people
from those organizations.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org