[governance] how to un-digg?

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:04:39 EDT 2008

Dear Rony

I think that we Journalists are not Spies nor ill hearted Policemen looking
trap people and send them to jail but people who collect information in a
standard manner so as to bring about good governance and social justice.
Class of journalistic cultures apart, your reporter who goes to NAZA and
refuses
to collaborate with his source about the nitty gritty of spacecrafting and
go hom to waffle, will find the gates of NAZA closed the next time he comes
calling. Science reporting is one area where ONLY the news sources create
controversies and shoulder them and a reporter who dares create one gets
burnt.
This is the point I wan to drive home

On 5/21/08, KovenRonald at aol.com <KovenRonald at aol.com> wrote:

> Dear Aaron --
>
> There may be a clash of journalistic cultures here.
>
> In the French tradition, in which I have also worked, showing quotes to
> interviewees is considered standard procedure. In the American tradition, it
> is an absolute No-No.
>
> The real point I was trying to get across is that your statement that it is
> an ethical violation not to show one's quotes to an interviewee is simply
> not a universally recognized principle.
>
> Best regards, Rony Koven

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22