[governance] Stepping down as IGC 08 Nomcom chair.

Lee McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Thu May 1 08:00:26 EDT 2008

I also don't see the point of a redo.

We get to do the whole thing over again next year right?

Maybe by then the standards of this all-volunteer global process will meet with everyone's approval (just kidding).

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile
>>> avri at psg.com 04/30/08 12:52 PM >>>
Hi,

I don't think so.

I think it has to do with the time it took to get the response and the
announcement from UN headquarters and a compromise between giving a
month a making sure that the list of candidates is obtained in time
for there to be a new MAG in enough time before the September meeting.

To paraphrase an old expression: I do not think that one should
attribute to "bloody (internecine and otherwise) struggles going on
behind curtains" what can better be explained by bureaucracy.

I think it is good that you have your names in early, the earlier the
better.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org