[governance] NOMCOM - MAG nominations

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Mar 30 13:42:06 EDT 2008

The following names got drawn for the nomcom.

13   Gurumurthy K

10   Ian Peter

5     Robert Guerra

24  Rudi Rusdiah

20  Hakikur Rahman

Happy working for all those who will take up the nomcom responsibility.

Tomorrow, ie 31st is the day for any challenges to this nomcom process, and
its outcome.

The nomcom starts functioning on the 1st and nominations also open on the
1st April.

Meanwhile, for some reasons, we did/could not have a non-voting chair for
the nomcom before the random selection. I will confer with the nomcom and we
will come up with an arrangement of a voting chair from among the 5 members
- with responsibility of liaison with co-coordinators and the IGC,
conducting the internal nomcom process and sharing its results.

The rest of the schedule is as follows

Nomination close - April 8th

Nomcom confers between 9th and 16th.

Nomcom announces names of IGC nominees for MAG - April, 17th

So, two things are important for the next week or so, till the 8th, .are;

(1)     Nominations - including self nominations - are invited for choosing
IGC nominees for the MAG.

(2)     We need to discuss the criteria that the nomcom should use in
choosing the nominees list. It is good to give the nomcom some relatively
clear directions in this matter. If we give our suggestions and discuss them
in the time up till the 8th, the nomcom will be able to pick up the 'sense'
of the group's discussions, and incorporate them in their selection process.
This may include the number of nominees that should be selected, the kind of
rotation that is desired, various kinds of balance etc.

Parminder