[governance] workshop deadline: April 30

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Mar 25 10:10:10 EDT 2008

Bill

> I suspect it would not be aesthetically wise for the IGC to submit too
> many
> proposals, at least not as the lead.  Co-sponsoring alongside other
> co-sponsors is probably another story.

I myself want a tiered strategy. 2-3 workshops proposed by the IGC -
main-and-proper, and a few others taken up by some IGC members which IGC
agrees to co-sponsor.

> I agree the IGC should do the Role and Mandate of the IGF again, last
> year's
> session having been constructive and well received.

Yes.

> (BTW next week I can write the Rio ws report Adam's been reminding us
> about.
> Just a couple paragraphs, but it being a IGC event, what's the procedure,
> should it be cleared through the list before submission to the
> secretariat?)

Thanks. Pl write and we will put up on the list for 2 days or so, and then
send it to the secretariat. Since it is a factual report there shouldn't be
much comment on it, which could affect the report.. ..

> Second, I also think Willy's suggestion of something on jurisdictional
> problems and competing sovereignty claims would be really useful, nobody's
> been raising these issues much so there'd be a distinctive value-added.
>
> Maybe we could do one more, like the public service or however you want to
> frame it session....?

Yes, I support these two.

> For other possible themes, one suspects these can be taken up by some of
> us
> separately, with the IGC signing on as co-sponsor as desired.

That s the idea.

 Presumably,
> ICT4C, IGP, APC, et al will want to pick up some of these themes.

Positive. Just correcting my org's name as ITfC or ITFC. Thanks. (we don't
use 4, actually we don't even use ICT4D, we use ICTD)

Bottom line I'm sure that all the substantive
> topics we want can garner credible proposals, it's just a question of
> which
> would be best branded as IGC lead.

Yes. Needs some of the members to take lead on some issues.

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org