[governance] IGC nominees for MAG

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Mar 15 08:20:08 EDT 2008

> FWIW, if there is to be a Nomcom, I volunteer to be on it also.

Yes, there will be a nomcom. That's the provision as per the charter at
present.

Though I did propose for consideration if a direct voting method can be
used. And Meryem also proposed that this be discussed. Nomination of IGC/ CS
members for MAG is close to as important as choosing co-coordinators (some
may think it is more important) and Meryem did raise the question why should
co-coordinators be elected and not MAG nominees.... There are advantages and
disadvantages of both the processes.

Anyway, while I think this is a valid discussion, and also personally
believe that, if we were to choose that option, any IGC voting process by
itself should by be more legitimate even if the charter has another
recommended process, in the capacity of co-coordinator I will continue as if
the nomcom option is being taken.

So we need at least 25 volunteers to choose 5 noncom members by lottery.
Thanks to those who have already volunteered. We need many more.

Meanwhile, there are a few important issues that are being discussed about
the process of nominations for the MAG. I think all these issues are very
important, and invite all members to participate in this discussion.

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org