[governance] IGC nominees for MAG

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Thu Mar 13 16:59:20 EDT 2008

The obvious subtext of the recent list messages on this issue is that
we have many capable members of the caucus who are eager to serve on
the Multistakeholder Advisory Group and current members of the
Multistakeholder Advisory Group who all appear to want to continue
their service. Having more volunteers than available positions is a
good problem to have.

As someone who is *not* able or willing to serve on the MAG this year
-- a disclosure I make so no one thinks I'm trying to insert myself
onto the MAG -- current members of the MAG should let us know whether
they wish to continue service or not for the coming year. (Some have
already, some have not.) If two or three people step down voluntarily,
we can then think about which persons can replace them. If no one
wishes to voluntarily step down, then we should agree on a mechanism
for randomly selecting which seats expire now, which expire next year,
and which expire the year after.

        -- Bret

--
Bret Fausett (skype me at "lextext")