[governance] Re: Help create the .nyc Internet space for New York

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Mon Mar 3 12:54:52 EST 2008

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Sylvia Caras was not mentioning technical obstacles, just an user
> issue. Actually, noone still claims that there is a technical issue
> with a larger set of TLD.

You are, as you usually are, entirely correct.  One of my favorite games
is the mindless "whack a mole" arcade game.  So when I see a mention of
the number of TLD's I kinda react by trying to whack that particular mole.

Yet I still hear statements from various folks about "why do we need
more TLDs?" and sometimes those statements are wrapped with other
statements bemoaning the fact that those people would be confused by
more choices and that, therefore, the net should not have more choices.
  So it does seem that small and restrictive thinking still exists.

		--karl--
     governance at lists.cpsr.org