"bridge", was Re: VS: [governance] Summary Report of IGF MAG available

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 01:47:56 EST 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

<snip>

> None said this, again. Not against any 'group' for sure. But, yes one cant
> have  a central position in an organization that makes policy, and vis a vis
> whose polices a CS group may be trying some advocacy and action, and be with
> that CS group as well. That is on the face of it absurd.

So.....Avri, Wolfie, Adam, Jeanette and others who hold dual
memberships in MAG and IGC are ok in both camps because they aren't
central enough and/or the MAG doesn't set policy?

But if the IGF did make policy (which you and others on this list seem
to want) then those dual folk wouldn't be "CS" in your book anymore?
(depending on "centrality" of course).

I think we can both agree on the use of the word "absurd" here.

BTW I don't think
> you will like a government person voting on our caucus positions here,
> right.

I am perfectly happy having Bertrand, Raul/Veni (temporary gov folk in
WSIS) or anyone else, vote as long as they agree to the charter.

In the same way I wont have an ICANN full board member participating
> in developing IGCs positions, some part of which may have to do with ICANN
> policy. I think it is simple and obvious.

I am curious to know what actions you plan, as coordinator of this
list, in regards to list participation by Thomas Narten and Wendy
Seltzer? Would you unsubscribe them?  Moderate their posts in which
ICANN is mentioned?

I have a haiku for that notion as well:

Spartacus Youth League
Enhanced Cooperation