[governance] Fwd: IGC Membership list

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 03:06:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
> now that Avri explained the problem to me, I support Avri's objection.
> Through the act of voting, people acknowledge the charter and agree to be
> members of this caucus - not the other way around.

Precisely, it's nothing to do with transparency and openness (or lack
thereof on Avri's part.  She is simply explaining that we affirm
membership during the voting act as per the charter.  Forcing us to
"register" to vote beforehand is not what I agreed to when I signed
the charter.  If I, for one, am disenfranchised because I insist on
following the charter that will be the second time in as many months
that rights of members have been abridged.  A worrying trend.

Any vote that does not follow the charter will most certainly be invalid.

<haiku>
Members resign. Why?
political correctness?
Spartacus Youth League!