[governance] Internet Technical Community Background Document to OECD Ministerial

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Jun 26 06:20:13 EDT 2008

But that was my point. It is clear that the rejection works in the other
direction. I* orgs don't want to be associated with us in any way that
is important (i.e., cooperating in the highly visible OECD Forum).

> > When the OECD process started, some of us in CS tried very hard to
> > include ISOC and the "TC" in the same stakeholder forum. In fact we
> > ended up with silos that segregated the two.
>
> So you do consider the existing Internet governance organisations to
be
> CS?

If you mean ICANN and RIRs, those are governance organizations. CS needs
to approach them either as critics, supporters or participants (or a mix
of all 3), but not be acting _on behalf of_ them. They are both
"multistakeholder" orgs, of course, so many members and participants are
CS.
ISOC straddles business and CS.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org