[governance] Internet Technical Community Background Document to OECD Ministerial

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Jun 25 11:51:38 EDT 2008

Ministerial
> in
> Seoul. http://www.isoc.org/pubpolpillar/docs/usercentric_en_2008.pdf
It is
> document with which I think, CS would have very little disagreement
and
> very
> much to support.

Well now. I don't want to sound crabby, I really don't.

But one might ask, if the "technical community" produces documents that
we agree mostly with, and if (as some self-identified spokespersons for
it insist) they should be considered part of "civil society," then why
did ISOC insist on having a separate OECD Stakeholder Forum from civil
society?

When the OECD process started, some of us in CS tried very hard to
include ISOC and the "TC" in the same stakeholder forum. In fact we
ended up with silos that segregated the two.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org