[governance] Internet Technical Community Background Document to OECD Ministerial

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 00:09:59 EDT 2008

I'm not exactly sure how this might fit into the recent discussion
concerning the role of the Technical Community in CS but I would commend
those interested to a very interesting and useful document
prepared/presented by ISOC as a background paper to the OECD Ministerial in
Seoul. http://www.isoc.org/pubpolpillar/docs/usercentric_en_2008.pdf It is a
document with which I think, CS would have very little disagreement and very
much to support.

It might also be noted that the Ministerial was organized as a quad-partite
(?) discussion with Member States/Ministers inviting (equal/equivalent)
contributions from "the technical community", "the business community" and
"Civil Society and Labour".

MG

     governance at lists.cpsr.org