[governance] Re: Does Africa Need Help?

Gao Mosweu puna_gb at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 08:10:19 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I am sorry i don`t quite know where this conversation began but i started to see it at the point where someone said AFRICAN governments sing the music that donors would love to hear, in order to get aid and then misuse the aid money for other things and not the intended purpose. I would like to differ and speak out for my country, Botswana.  I will just state the example of the aid that Botswana has been given with regards to HIV. Donors are still helping in most onstances in this regard because they can see where the money is going.  HIV positive people are on treatment and the aid is in amounts that Botswana would not ordinarily afford