[governance] new paper on the Hyderaband [sic] programme

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Tue Jun 10 05:44:25 EDT 2008

Without having asked MAG people about the reasoning, I'm going to guess that
universalization is feared by some to open the door to consideration of such
options as universal access obligations and associated regulations being
imposed on major ISPs, VOIP providers, etc... ?  These questions are already
being considered by NRAs in North America, Europe, etc. in the context of
IP-enhanced services, NGN, etc.--presumably all the more reason we shouldn't
talk about them?

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org