Fwd: [governance] new paper on the Hyderaband [sic] programme

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Tue Jun 10 02:10:46 EDT 2008

Adam Peake ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone want to give a bit of thought the Hyderabad programme? Perfect,
> no problems...

Yes I have a comment: I am quite surprised by the choice of main themes,
since apparently any reference to rights, duties and freedoms has
disappeared... there is an agenda item on access, one on security and
one on critical Internet resources, but nothing on "openness" and
nothing on "diversity". That's not good news at all - correct me if I'm
wrong, but most themes civil society is interested in, as well as many
(perhaps most) coalitions, are working in the "openness" family of
issues, and now these themes are off the agenda. Or did I misunderstand
the meaning of the paper?
If the only themes that the IGF will be promoting in the future are how
to export technology into developing countries and how to implement
effective law enforcement over the Internet, the interest in attending
for civil society could be quite low.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------