[governance] nomcom's creteria - was multistakeholding - resend

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sat Jun 7 17:34:29 EDT 2008

Avri wrote

>I also believe that a bit of process and procedure review after each nomcom
>is done, reported on and sent on, is also a good idea and is not a matter
>of censure but of process self-evaluation and improvement.

Yes, and I never felt this was censure, although I thought it was
occasionally very silly and tedious on both sides of the argument( the
future human rights of Japanese NGOs and Microsoft representing civil
society come to mind)

But I would add to your observation that unless some action is taken this
discussion will be forgotten and more than likely unknown to the next
Nomcom. That's the point McTim keeps making - and I would suggest that the
easiest way forward is putting in place an independent Chair now to take
some responsibility here and work with anyone interested to review all of
this. If it is left to the last moment like last time, and we trust the
random process to come up with 5 names who are fully into the process
history, the multiple obscure forgotten websites, and the email archives of
this list, and have nothing else to do for a few weeks, perhaps it will be
just fine. I doubt it.

Ian Peter
Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd
PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com
www.internetmark2.org
www.nethistory.info

     governance at lists.cpsr.org