[governance] multistakeholding was Re: N & CoI

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Fri Jun 6 22:50:51 EDT 2008

Hi

Quoting Avri Doria <avri at psg.com>:

> On 5 Jun 2008, at 23:25, Michael Gurstein wrote:
>
> > if not I move that we move on and that there be no
> > further discussion on the MAG nominations along with a simple
> > declaration
> > that the next NomCom undertake to only make substantive decisions
> > concerning
> > the criteria for selection after broad consultation with the group.
>

> i can certainly support this statement.

I second the motion.  Learn from the experience, agree that future nomcoms
should consult on procedural matters and charter compliance, and move on.
There plainly is not going to be consensus on changing the charter to address
the one issue (although a broader review in light of experience might be
merited someday) or anything else, so belaboring tthis further would just build
up more bad boogyjoogy and impede future dialogue and cooperation.

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org