[governance] How can civil society help the Internet to

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at attglobal.net
Thu Jun 5 13:08:35 EDT 2008

I agree that these are local or national issues and demand local
knowledge.  That implies that they demand local effort to change.

So would it not make sense to concentrate upon collecting and/or
disseminating information about strategies, i.e. case studies, that
have worked in places an might be of use to others.  I don't mean
grand strategies, I mean vignettes that illustrate particular
successes.  If there were a workshop dedicated to this, I could see
10 presentations of 5 minutes each, followed by discussion.

We have rough consensus (oops! that's an IETF criterion!) on what
policies lead to the desired outcome.  Now let's talk about
implementation strategies an tactics.  Are there ways to organize, or
use existing organizations, at the national level to move closer to
these goals?

George

     governance at lists.cpsr.org