Remote participation plans Re: [OCDC] Re: [governance] Do

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 06:10:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Lee McKnight <lmcknigh at syr.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following on from Brenden and Jeremy's notes, first to be clear I do not
> wish to disparage anyone's efforts to build the virtual presence of the
> IGF.  Also to be fair to the UN and IGF secretariat, I suspect it's not
> that they are unwilling, they just do not have resources/a funding
> stream allocated for these purposes.
>
> Say, maybe ICANN, Google, a foundation or two and/or the RIR's

I doubt the RIRs are that well off, and would probably have to put
this into their respective activity plans for approval by their
members.  What would be far easier is if they donated knowledge/staff
time and perhaps lent some kit.

At the moment, I am listening to the AfriNIC meeting via
http://streaming.afrinic.net:8000/afstars.mp3  it's "costing" me ~32k,
and is flawless.  I can join in the chat, as I know what's being
discussed (because of the audio).

After 3 years, the IGF should be able to do this as well.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim