[governance] Cost of access - the meters ticking

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:06:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

With us here at ASAFE in Cameroon, we are paying 90 000 FCFA (135 Euros) per
month for 250 kilo octets of connection. You can rest assured that
connection is piece meal here. Irrespective of that, the ISP doesn't skip
the day of presenting their bill and strict instructions to respect maturity
clause or seing your line disconnected.

Aaron

On 6/3/08, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

>  Hi
>

> I kind of know what bandwidth (and consumer grade access like dialup /
> adsl) costs in Africa.
>

> I simply wanted some African colleagues to cite examples, for Mr.Katz's
> information.. he is kind of upset that Comcast is thinking of providing
> metered bandwidth (250 gigabytes transfer a month) after offering an
> unlimited data plan.

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22