[governance] Re: Nomcom and conflict of interest

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 10:49:02 EDT 2008

Rui, (yes, I am addressing you) ;-)

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Rui Correia <correia.rui at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear McTim
>
> Please check the sequence of postings:

Now I see that you replied to SR's post of 21 hours ago.  It just
appeared to me that you replied to a post of Parmnder's from 3 hours
ago.   Deepest apologies for any confusion.

I never replied to Parminder as
> you imply, whose posting no doubt are - as you say - "usually quite
> reasonable and have content to the point"  I was replying to Suresh's
> postings - more to the point, that his appear to make up about half of
> the list 's opinion ..... and I doubt that he make up anywhere but the
> tiniest percentile of civil society, yet he appears to feel entitle to
> comment on everything on this list while far more qualified people

I can think of few more qualified to comment on IG thna one who has
been doing it for many years longer than the term existed.

> prefer to not participate as they do not feel like being party to this
> interminable not-going-anywhere monologue.

On the contrary, well "qualified" folk have weighed in the last few
days, and we now have, seemingly more folk who think exclusion is not
such a good idea than have expressed the notion that such exclusion is
a good idea.  I'd say that is progress towards a solution.

> So, please, now, once clear as to whom I was referring to, kindly do
> confirm whether you would like me to "speak to the point about
> excluding people a priori".

Confirmed.  Please share your opinion on this vital topic, including
your view on the hypothetical case where journalists would be
excluded, and how we could make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen
going forward.

--
Cheers,

McTim