[governance] Re: Nomcom and conflict of interest

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Jun 2 09:30:29 EDT 2008

> Take for example, the 2 RIR leaders (both on this list) who have been
> nominated by CS in the last few years.  IIRC, PW worked with APC as a
> Board member as well as a participant in SANOG, WSIS and of course, to
> cement his CS credentials, he is DG of APNIC and currently chairs the
> Exec Committee of the NRO.  Raul, of course as the CEO of LACNIC, has

As for APNIC - I know Paul Wilson for the last 5 years and I have first hand
experience of the excellent work APNIC does in capacity building and in
facilitating NGOs (including APDIP) in the region

Among the various APNIC staffers, for example, Save Vocea, who used to work
for APNIC and now works for ICANN did quite a lot of good work in the
pacific islands, and continues to do so.

I will agree with McTim there, the RIRs, and the people who work for them,
have actually done far more to further the aims of civil society than most
others on the list.

I must thank Robert for making the points he did in his email.

regards
suresh

     governance at lists.cpsr.org