[governance] Re: Nomcom and conflict of interest

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Jun 1 12:10:06 EDT 2008

So far, one point has been made, again and again, by McTim and I, among
others.

You are nominating persons, not organizations

You have no right to bar specific organization's employees if they have CS
cred

The charter's wording doesn't support it either

Citing specific counter examples (Peter Dengate Thrush instead of Vint Cerf)
isn't a valid or logical counter argument either.

No, don't trot out the "at the expense of CS" line again, read the entire
charter and put that quote in its appropriate context, then define CS
properly, before you next make that argument.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org