[governance] Issues concerning standing IGC members

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 09:56:40 EDT 2008

Hi all

If we want a situation where some votes will arive when voting date
must have passed then the Post will will be very apt avenue to channel
our votes. But if we want an inclusive and broad partcipation election
process , then the email voting system is the more appropriate.
I understand the work load that is wearing on the administrators, but
some software should be developped to acknowledge voting so that no
one's vote is left out.

Cheers

Aaron

On 7/27/08, Yehuda Katz <yehudakatz at mailinator.com> wrote:
> Foul Carlos, I am not implying anything is "rigged",
> and I am certain the Paraminder is doing a diligent and thorough job,
> in a rather difficult matter to handle.
>
> I counter your argument with this:
>
> How many of 'YOU' go to your respective National Elections and 'VOTE ON-LINE'?
>
> ---
>
> There are two instances that I know of:
>
> The Swiss Canton of Geneva,
> and
> The Belgian Government, where they nearly have a Manhunt to track you down and
> make you vote. (no joke)
>
> Refs.: Swiss E-Vote
> Towards Cybersociety and "Vireal" Social Relations
> http://socio.ch/intcom/t_hgeser12.htm
>
> 2. The postal vote as a major step toward "virtual voting"
> http://socio.ch/intcom/t_hgeser12.htm#2
>

> 5.3.5 Voting procedure
> http://socio.ch/intcom/t_hgeser12.htm#5.3.5
>
> -
>
> Finally, how WE handle our elections, represents us, the 'CPSR Groups'. This is
> a 1st.-Class Organization, if WE uphold our integrity and backup our
> reputation.
>
> -
>
> P.S.: My hats off to the Swiss & Belgians - you rock Democracy!

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22