[governance] Issues concerning standing IGC members

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Mon Jul 28 19:57:57 EDT 2008

On the contrary Rony,

I look at a 'verified-by-post' Membership, as strengthening this organization.
Because its Populous has been verified.
It is quintessential, because a valid Vote ... is a central key to democracy.

I am somewhat applauded at the opinion of my Countertarians.
According to them, all that is required is an email-address, essentially.

To my way of thinking it creates a false-sense-of-security,
and for an organization that bills itself as "Computer Professionals for Social
Responsibility" it makes the motto into a oxymoronic hypocrisy.

I only set-out to strengthen this organization,
Be that as it may, the path is chosen by You.

So the question is:

What can be done to strengthen this Organization?
     governance at lists.cpsr.org