[governance] voting process - various issues

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 01:14:31 EDT 2008

Parminder,

I think our differences here are a matter of tense, and perhaps in
different Latin translations.

It is my view that the phrase "(i.e. a voter must affirm membership on
the voter form in order to vote)."

Means that one declares membership WHEN you vote, not before ("As part
of the voting process").  This implies a one step process ( I see
three clicks, two sets of radio buttons and a submit button).  In any
case, the "i.e." stnds for "id est" which means "in other words" or
"that is (to say)".   In other words, the charter is quite clear that
affirmation should be on the voter form itself.

So I think the The charter does lay out a voting process that is
fairly specific.

Ascertaining before hand (what AD calls a "loyalty oath", is where you
went awry IMO.

I fully support the notion of a web based vote/affirmation.

I look forward to reading you proposal tomorrow/
--
Cheers,

McTim
mctim.blogspot.com

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:38 AM, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I am enclosing a note on various issues that have come up regarding the
> voting process for the election of co-coordinator. I should be able to
> declare the method to be used for voting by Tuesday, and give three days for
> comments. Meanwhile I will also clarify some other quires that have been
> raised which are not covered by this note.
>

> Parminder

Cheers,

McTim
mctim.blogspot.com