[governance] What do you guys want in a IGF website?

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:01:18 EDT 2008

Appreciating and Adding,

it is nice to see the balancing of factors being considered already.  Some
spotlight and extended news delivery but also interactivity & accessibility
in terms of creating as well as receiving - and presumptively for *differently
abled* persons as well in terms of communication modalities.  Some entry
points for those new to IGF, some for longer standing (or more technically
experienced etc.).

Wondering about possibilities for multi-lingual entry points, which could be
selectively achieved even in prototype.

Thanks for this interesting, in itself collaborative discussion.

*Respectfully Interfacing*, and sending best wishes, LDMF.
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Nyangkwe Agien Aaron <
nyangkweagien at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Sivasubramanian's proposals are exhaustive.
> And I'll add that we include a "Quote of the Day" in which the forum
> administrators highlight a landmark statement made by a participant of
> the Forum during the a day. This alone can incite more visits to the
> site as well.
>
> Aaron
>
> On 7/24/08, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy <isolatedn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > The IGF website needs to be designed for the common man who has no idea
> of
> > what IGF is all about. It needs to have basic introductory information
> about
> > IGF, about previous IGFs, the forthcoming IGFs and about ways of
> > participating in the IGF.
> >
> > It should have an easy to work around Web 2.0 interface with
> collaborative
> > tools to connect for the expert user. It can have a column for the IGF
> > secreatriate to make annoncements, pages where contact and procedural
> > information pertaining to proposals, participation, fellowships etc are
> > posted in an uncluttered format. It needs to include the discussion
> forums
> > etc. as in intgovforum.org or at least a page with links to the existing
> > forums.
> >
> > The intgovfourm.org has a "technie" look and feel, the new IGF wesbite
> needs
> > to look easy.
> >
> > Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
> > --
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 6:43 AM, Yehuda Katz <yehudakatz at mailinator.com>
> > wrote:
> > > What do you guys want in a IGF website?

> > >     http://lists.cpsr.org/lists/info/governance
> > >

> > --
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy

> Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
> Journalist/Outcome Mapper
> Special Assistant To The President
> Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
> ASAFE
> P.O.Box 5213
> Douala-Cameroon
> Tel. 237 3337 50 22
> Cell Phone: 237 79 95 71 97
> Fax. 237 3342 29 70

:) LDMF.
Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff
*Respectful Interfaces*
For I.D.:
Communications Coordination Committee for the U.N.
CONGO education committee
National Disability Party
International Disability Caucus
Persons with Pain International
WSIS, IGF, CFP onsite participant.
2007 Nominee: Global Alliance for ICT Strategy Council.
4+ decades on Internet and Prior Nets
Other Affiliations on Request.