[governance] [process] the IGC charter

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Wed Jul 16 02:14:52 EDT 2008

Hi Paminder,

On 7/15/08 3:59 AM, "Parminder" <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> I have every intention to uphold the charter, in the best possible manner,
> in the matter of voting process as well, reconciling any apparent
> contradiction as they may appear to different people.

Excellent, glad to hear we're unanimously on the same page and can unblock
the process and get the ballot sent out per the charter.  Can you remind me
please, is it the case that you're co-coordinator for another year and we
are choosing a partner for a two year term?  Ian and David are the two
candidates, no other expressions of interest received or expected?  Should
we have candidate statements of interest to contemplate?

When we're over this hump it would be high time to move on to matters
existential and have a focused discussion about the character, purpose, and
modalities of the caucus going forward.  I guess we'll have to do this here,
even though only one sixth of the subscribers have previously said they're
in the caucus and some of the others (probably speaking for a silent
majority) have clearly indicated that they don't want to read our sturm und
drang.  Not sure labeling labeling messages is much of a solution to that,
but so it goes...

Cheers,

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org