AW: [governance] [process] the IGC charter

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Sun Jul 13 19:55:30 EDT 2008

Avri,

I summarily dismissed Paraminders recent request as a form of
'Voters-Registration'. Swearing away my first-born to the New-iWorld-Order was
just prosaic, not allegiance.

Millions are going to Register-to-Vote this year in the U.S. election Nov. 2nd.
And certainly not all of them will agree with the incumbent-administration,
particularly a few Floridians, -BUT- they register to Vote despite their
differences, and swore too their truths at that time.

Be that as it may, I agree with the distinction of your stature:

- The charter requires that the vote be sent to all subscribers and that in the
act of voting they (re) affirm their membership as CS and in the IGC as defined
in the charter. To use this list as is proposed by the coordinators, to define
who can receive a ballot, is in breach of the charter as I read it.

It is written, so I offer you My Vote as a proxy for your voice.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org