[governance] summary of the advisory group's discussion about its future

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Wed Jan 23 08:30:17 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:24:52PM +0530, Parminder wrote:

> I must congratulate the MAG for taking this decision to publish its
> discussions. I hope this practice continues for all deliberations, including
> face-to-face meetings.
>
> Adam, you say these are excerpts (which I read to mean it is not the full
> text of discussions) but the document says " The only changes made relate to
> an effort to anonymize the comments in respect of the Chatham House rule".
> This is really a good practice to carry on.

Agreed; I wonder if any of our comments and criticisms prompted this?  I
suspect they can't have hurt.  All the more reason then for us to
contribute positively to the discussions on Advisory Group rotation and
Taking Stock of Rio ahead of February's open consultation.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org