[governance] goodbye!

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:10:44 EST 2008

Suresh wrote,"You should be able to find who this was (at least, what his IP
was) from the mailing list / webserver logs .. ask the Electric Embers
people for
help (they host the cpsr lists for quite some time now, ever since cpsr
moved off their old / legacy mailman platform)"

I agree to that and call for quick action else we should be leading to a
situation where we can see people fronting to smear or slander on this list.
Imagine a slander message appearing on this with the warning "someone wrote
this in your name"

Before posting suchee a message, the managers would have at least crossed
checked with Suresh to get clearance at least.
Let's call a spade a spade: someone did not do his work well and assume
his/her responsibility by openly coming out to appologize to Suresh.
Afterall, to err is human, unless...

On 1/12/08, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> Avri Doria [11/01/08 19:36 -0500]:
> > hi,
> >
> > oh.  it is already set to do that.
> > i am not sure what the message says, but it does request confirmation
> and
> > it does notify the list maintainers.
>
> What McTim wants is for that message to log the IP address of the
> requestor
> as well (instead of saying someone submitted a request, it says someone
> from [ip.add.re.ss] submitted a request)
>
> You should be able to find who this was (at least, what his IP was) from
> the mailing list / webserver logs .. ask the Electric Embers people for
> help (they host the cpsr lists for quite some time now, ever since cpsr
> moved off their old / legacy mailman platform)

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22