AW: [governance] Kremlin eyes internet control ...

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Thu Jan 10 09:50:35 EST 2008

I'd like to use this mailing list, in one of my
last emails here, to ask the participants to be
extremely careful when they give interviews, esp. to the mass media.
One of the key issues is to ask the journalists
to quote you exactly what you said, and not to
interpret. And the second is, to make sure they
know who you represent - yourself, your institution, or something else.
Such wrong quotes cause a lot of problems, and
these are not limited to Russia, where - luckily
- we have enough friends and colleagues, who
understand when an error is being made.
Also, if something like that happens, make sure
you send a request to the editors for
corrections. I have had such experience with the
International Herald Tribune, and I know they do
publish corrections. It would be strange if The Guardian wouldn't do this.

best,
Veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org