[governance] Reconstituting MAG

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Jan 6 13:41:05 EST 2008

Jeremy’s comments on this make a lot of sense (follow the link below to see
them)

However I suspect we will find it difficult to change the method of SG
selecting members and creating a balance among the various groups. That
means, as happened last time, we can only recommend names and expect some of
them will be rejected.

In this context, I would recommend our position be that the MAG should serve
two year terms and then  be totally reconstituted – but with a
recommendation to SG that up to a maximum of 50% be reappointed to provide
continuity.

Ian Peter

Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd

PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000

Australia

Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773

www.ianpeter.com

www.internetmark2.org

www.nethistory.info

   _____