[governance] Re: IPv[4,6, 4/6] was IGF delhi format

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:34:57 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer at internatif.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:07:20AM +0300,
>   McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote
>
>  a message of 85 lines which said:
>
>  > Have you tried to set up an IPv6 connection? It only takes a few
>  > minutes via a tunnel broker, it's free, and there is no rocket
>  > surgery involved.
>
>  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but setting up a connection
>  through a tunnel broker is a bit frightening, even for the experienced
>  sysadmin. People can get a grasp at it by reading the instructions
>  I've written for the Slicehost hoster (and remember most Slicehost
>  users are developers and/or already knowledgeable in Unix and IP
>  networks):
>
>  http://forum.slicehost.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1421

That IS daunting. I set up a residential tunnel ~3 years ago via
hexago, elapsed time ~10 minutes.  It "broke" when i swapped mobo, but
now I use sixxs.net as my tunnel broker, and it took ~ 20 mins.  Much
of the times given above were waiting for dloads.  All on XP, no *Nix
commands needed.

Dead easy.

--
Cheers,