[governance] IGF delhi format

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Feb 22 09:17:55 EST 2008

Thanks Parminder for your effort and work.

2008/2/21, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>:

IMHO, the participation part got only one para only, seemingly not
substantial
enough. I felt there were less participante from developing parts of the
world,
(not only developing countries per se, but there are folks inside developed
countries, who are not rich enough to come to IGF, but entitiled
stakeholders),
youth, or other civil society NGO, non-profit groups, for exmaple. Stronger
measuures be taken, especially if it is to be hosted in India, where Asia
Pacific
region go half of, I believe world's poorest people, concentrating in South
Asia.

I am not good at addressing these, but Parminder, I trust you have good
knowledge and writing skills to emphasise this point more. Please, if at all
possible.

izumi

> *Participation at the IGF*
>
> * *
>
> It is important to improve the participation of currently excluded and
> under represented groups in both the IGF's public consultations and the
> annual meetings. Adequate financial support should be provided to potential
> participants from developing and least developed countries. There is also a
> lot of scope for improving participation through online means, which should
> be fully explored. However this improvement of online participation cannot
> fill in for greater face to face participation of currently
> under-represented groups.
>

> Thanks.
>
> * *

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<

           Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita
           Kumon Center, Tama University, Tokyo
                                  Japan
                                 * * * * *
           << Writing the Future of the History >>