[governance] IGF delhi format

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Feb 21 17:14:01 EST 2008

What those workshops need is not necessarily representation of multiple
stakeholders, if by "stakeholder" we mean business, govt and civil
society. What the workshops need, and badly, is a diversity of views. A
panel on free expression, e.g., can always find a token businessperson
or CS rep who favors (or opposes) freedom of expression in a specific
policy context. The workshops are useless unless the leading and most
articulate advocates of, say, more restrictive content regulation are on
the _same_ panel as the leading and most articulate advocates of less
content regulation. Then these workshops might lead to something.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org