[governance] Reconstituting MAG

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Feb 21 11:30:30 EST 2008

McTim

> Looks like Adam has beaten me to the punch, and I am happy to accept
> his more eloquent text.

On the other hand, I am happier to accept yours. :)

Well, Adam when we are asking MAG to name stakeholder groups of selected MAG
members, why dont we name the fourth stakeholder group as well. And yes, I
am very clear that they need to have appropriate representation in the MAG.

(So, Suresh, it really is not that I have been trying to offload anyone's
representation - which you continue to believe. I never asked for it once. I
just want clarity on the nature of the groups.)

In the present formulation of McTim, we do not say the this fourth group are
stakeholders (Meryem seemed to want it that way, but I am fine with calling
them stakeholders as well, and if remember right, not very sure though,
Meryem, though with reservations, had ok-ed it)but we do say they need to be
represented.

Would allay misgivings of this group that CS wants them off MAG or any such
thing. We most definitely don't.

I do think that the issue in fact is simpler than the long discussion made
it out to be.

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org