[governance] IPv4-v6 - "coexistence" not transition - operational issues surfacing

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Feb 21 05:49:29 EST 2008

McTim stated correctly

>the 2 protocols were never designed to be "interoperable".

Which means that the only sensible deployment plan would be a simultaneous
switchover (something that was done in the early 1980s I believe after which
everyone said correctly "never again")

A rolling deployment over several years or decades, which is what is being
planned, accompanied by protocols never designed to be interoperable?

Ian Peter
Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd
PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com
www.internetmark2.org
www.nethistory.info