[governance] Reconstituting MAG (Tech/admin language)

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Wed Feb 20 13:18:56 EST 2008

Le 20 févr. 08 à 18:39, Adam Peake a écrit :

>>> Again I disagree. And I think I may also be confused...
>>> The technical/admin Internet organizations are not "International
>>> organizations" in the sense the label's used in UN. And if they
>>> were they would typically be observers not members. Either way,
>>> it doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>> That's TA's exact wording, Adam. Used to distinguish them from
>> intergovernmental organizations.
>

> paragraph 35 e?

Yes. This Para 35 has been referenced by Parminder since his earliest
proposal draft.
35: those who have a role (not necessarily the same). 35a gov, 35b
biz, 35c cs, 35d IGOs, 35e "technical communiity" (ICANN and the like).
36: "valuable contribution by the academic and technical communities
within those stakeholder groups mentioned in paragraph 35"

Who can honestly claim here that we're saying anything else in the
statement than "back to the basics", "back to the obvious"?____________________________________________________________
     governance at lists.cpsr.org