[governance] Reconstituting MAG

Lee McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:31:57 EST 2008

Hi,

Sorry, just boarding a flight.

Meryem's formulation or Ian's is close enough.

All I've been trying to say is the institutionalization of the IG space is a longer, and slower process, than this proceeding allows time for. So arguing about exactly how many slots who gets is not the right focus.

CS is underrepresented, we and others agree, and we want support  remedying that anomaly.

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile
>>> ajp at glocom.ac.jp 02/19/08 3:15 AM >>>
>I must ask Lee and Bill if they do or do not agree with Meryem's
>formulation.

I'm not sure if I agree or not with all the
recent email (sorry, busy day, not read it
all...)  but one thing:

>The rules for membership of the MAG, including in terms of representation of
>different stakeholders, should be clearly established, and made open along
>with due justifications. Full civil society representation is necessary to
>ensure legitimacy for this new experiment in global governance.
>
>. There are seven civil society members at present in a MAG of 40,

46 members (my count).  Plus 2 chairs (at the moment) and 12 special advisers.

7 from 46.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org