[governance] Reconstituting MAG (Tech/admin language)

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Feb 18 15:08:33 EST 2008

Wonderful question, and it is one that I've been wondering about too.
That's just not going to happen, and Parminder's work risks being entirely
wasted if it sticks on this point.

Limiting MAG size and trying to impose quotas or even claim quotas is
counter productive

Trying to ignore the technical community and group them / split them like
this is entirely naïve and impractical, as Bill Drake's email below shows,
patently.

Calling for increased representation of CS - which is the goal here - and
putting forward suitable nominees for this - will get a lot more traction.

	suresh

     governance at lists.cpsr.org