Mars attacks - Re: [governance] Comments on Rio - Suggestions

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Feb 14 18:53:05 EST 2008

R?daction Lettre d'IRIS [15/02/08 00:18 +0100]:
> OK, as it is already past-midnight (Paris time), I'll be lazzy and simply
> quote Parminder's answer to you, since it perfectly works for me too (and
> since Parminder expresses himself in English better than I do:)):

I know other country CS people consider some of their ideologies naïve. Or
even dangerous. But as I said, in at least some cases, it produces results
that mainstream CS would approve of. Or maybe reject as not having asked
for govt consensus, like Jeremy complaining about that IETF code of ethics
not to write protocols for spying not getting any input from CS.

First exclude them, dismiss some of their ideology. And then complain they
dont take any input from CS. I find that a touch ironic, but then it is way
too early here, my 3 year old daughter woke me up at 4 AM and I just cant
get back to sleep when woken up that ealry.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org