[governance] Senate OKs Immunity for Telecoms

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Feb 14 07:54:02 EST 2008

Riaz K Tayob [14/02/08 13:38 +0100]:
> Senate OKs Immunity for Telecoms
> http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/021208A.shtml
> The Associated Press reports, "The Senate voted Tuesday to shield from
> lawsuits telecommunications companies that helped the government eavesdrop
> on their customers without court permission after the September 11
> terrorist attacks."

Please read some much more informed commentary on Dave Farber's IP list.
Some that show you a bit more of the picture from both sides.

Truthout is not what I would regard as a good or useful source for this -
there's a very high liberal + anti establishment bias.

I must admit, nor would I regard anything from moveon.org or the EFF when
taking about the internet as anything other than propaganda ..

	srs
     governance at lists.cpsr.org