[governance] Comments on Rio - Suggestions for Delhi - main

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Feb 14 04:14:27 EST 2008

Parminder wrote:

> enhanced cooperation (EC). Not only know, it is the right and the
responsibility
> of THE global Internet public policy forum ie IGF to discuss various

* EC is very important - and there is extensive scope within the existing
mechanism for this.

* Trying to gain even soft oversight functions over ICANN is a nonstarter
and doesn't have much consensus here

> Weren't development and capacity building cross-cutting themes for both
> Athens, and Rio. I can understand if oyu do not remember, because that

They were, and rightly so. I find it amazing that CS groups that already do
such a lot of this tend to play down its importance.

	suresh

     governance at lists.cpsr.org